Below, you will find helpful information regarding Windows 10, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Point of Sale (applies to US only). To learn more about Windows 10, please see the official Microsoft Windows 10 FAQ page.
What versions of QuickBooks are supported on Windows 10?
- QuickBooks 2016: Good news! QuickBooks 2016 R7 and later is certified to work on Windows 10. If you are using a release of 2016 earlier than R7, you will need to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release in order to become compatible with Windows 10.
What's new in Windows 10 that I should know about?
- New start menu which looks more like the start menu from Windows 7.
- Virtual Desktops (task switcher).
- New version of .NET framework (4.6).
- New browser called EDGE (although Internet Explorer 11 is still available to use).
If you already updated to Windows 10, according to Microsoft, you have a month if you decide to change your mind you can roll back to your previous version of Windows. See this Microsoft article for more details.