When installing QuickBooks or Microsoft .NET Framework , you receive either of these errors:
Error 1935: This setup requires .NET Framework.
Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly
The following can cause the error to occur:
- Microsoft .NET Framework system files are in use by another installation.
- Anti-virus/anti-spy ware applications are preventing installation.
- .NET Framework is not installed, damaged, or a program is preventing the installation.
- Reboot your computer and start the installation again.
- If you have anti-virus or anti-spy ware software, stop it or temporarily disable it and start the installation again.
- If installation is successful, restart your anti-virus software.
- If the error occurs again, proceed with the next step.
- See Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup for detailed instructions.
- If you continue to receive the 1935 error, see repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework and start the installation again.
Note: If the error persists after following the solutions above, Intuit recommends you consult a qualified IT professional or Microsoft as there may be damage to your operating system.