Easily repair QuickBooks by performing the steps in this article. Repairing QuickBooks is sometimes necessary to fix program-related issues or errors.
Intuit recommends that you prepare the QuickBooks installation CD before you begin the repair process. If you purchased QuickBooks through the phone or online, download the installer from the website.
Windows 10, 8/8.1, and 7
- Restart your computer to close unnecessary programs interfering with QuickBooks.
- Back up your QuickBooks company file.
- Select Start and then Control Panel. (In Windows 8/8.1: From the Start menu, open Search and type Control Panel. From the results, select Control Panel.)
- Select Programs and Features. If necessary, choose Uninstall a program.
Note: If you don't see these options, select Programs > Program Features.
- Select QuickBooks in the list of programs and click Uninstall/Change.
- Choose Continue and Next.
- Select Repair then Next. Wait for the Repair to complete.
- Choose Finish and restart your computer if prompted.
- Don't forget to download the latest QuickBooks release and the latest payroll tax table (applies to US only) when you open QuickBooks.
- Click Ignore (reboot required) then OK.
- You might have to click Ignore several times. The repair should continue.
- If the Ignore button is unavailable, click Close. After the Repair, restart the computer.