Learn to repair your QuickBooks Desktop to fix program-related issues or errors.
Intuit recommends that you prepare the QuickBooks Desktop installation CD before you begin the repair process. If you purchased QuickBooks through the phone or online, download the installer from the website.
Windows 10, 8/8.1, and 7
- Restart your computer to close unnecessary programs interfering with QuickBooks.
- Back up your QuickBooks company file.
- Select Start and then Control Panel. (In Windows 8/8.1: From the Start menu, open Search and type Control Panel. From the results, select Control Panel.)
- Select Programs and Features. If necessary, choose Uninstall a program.
Note: If you don't see these options, select Programs, then Program Features.
- Select QuickBooks in the list of programs and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Select Continue, then, Next.
- Select Repair then Next. Wait for the Repair to complete.
- Choose Finish, then restart your computer if prompted.
- Don't forget to download the latest QuickBooks release and the latest payroll tax table (applies to US only) when you open QuickBooks.
- Select Ignore (reboot required), then, OK.
- You might have to click Ignore several times. The repair should continue.
- If the Ignore button is unavailable, select Close. After the Repair, restart the computer.