To repair an existing QuickBooks installation, make sure QuickBooks is not running and then follow the steps for your operating system.
Note: We recommend you prepare the QuickBooks installation CD during the repair (some repair processes require this). If you purchased QuickBooks as a download and do not have a disk, see Download & Install QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: Do not be misled by references to the Installation Wizard. It is the Installation Wizard that runs Repair.
- Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file.
- Click Start and then Control Panel. (In Windows 8: From the Start menu open Search and type Control Panel. From the results click Control Panel.)
- Select Programs and Features. If necessary select Uninstall a program.
- If you don't see these options, select Programs > Program Features.
- Select QuickBooks in the list of programs and click Uninstall/Change.
- If prompted, click Continue and Next.
- Click Finish and restart your computer if prompted.
Note: Don't forget to download the latest QuickBooks release and download the latest payroll tax table (applies to US only).
During the repair you might be prompted with an error or message such as Files in use.
If you receive this message, follow these steps:
- Click Ignore (reboot required), and click OK.
- You might have to click Ignore several times. The repair should continue.
- If the Ignore button is not available, click Close. After the repair is completed, you must restart the computer.
For specific error messages, see Error 1328: Applying patch to file C:\config.msi\PT30E.tmp or Error 1334: The file [filename] cannot be installed because it cannot be found in the cabinet file [filename].1000284/ HOW12637