The QuickBooks Conversion Tool is a free program that imports business data, account balances, and transactions from Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree) into QuickBooks Desktop. Learn more about the Conversion Tool below and get started with your switch to QuickBooks Desktop.
IN THIS ARTICLE
The QuickBooks Conversion Tool guides you through a short and straightforward conversion of your business data into a new QuickBooks company file.
It captures the current state of your business by importing key lists, balances, and transactions from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop. It also creates a log of the conversion process for your records.
|What the tool can convert:||What the tool cannot convert:|
For a trouble-free data conversion, there are a few things to check and prepare before using the tool.
Before you convert your Sage 50 data file
- Make sure that your Sage 50 and QuickBooks Desktop are installed locally in the same computer.
- Make sure, too, that your QuickBooks database and Sage 50's associated files are saved locally in your computer's hard drive.
- IMPORTANT: Cross-region conversion is not possible using the tool.
Conversion Tool system requirements
Please take note that the system requirements below are specifically for the Conversion Tool. For a smoother migration to QuickBooks, ensure that your computer also meets the system requirements of your QuickBooks Desktop version. Check out QuickBooks Desktop system requirements for details.
|Operating System:||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7|
|Processor:||500 MHz Intel Pentium II (minimum)|
|Memory (RAM):||512 MB (minimum)|
|Hard Drive:||2.5 GB of free space (recommended)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework:||version 2.0 (minimum)|
|QuickBooks Desktop:||Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions 2015 or higher|
|Sage 50:||versions 2013 and above|
Get started with migrating your business data from Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree).
Reminder: If you need to convert to QuickBooks Online after converting your file to QuickBooks Desktop, be sure to check out Import into QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows (US only).
Step 1: Set data access credentials.
- Launch Sage 50 and open the company file you wish to convert.
- Go to Main Menu > Maintain > Users > Setup Security and click the Data Access/Crystal Reports tab.
- Click With the following login information
Note: You cannot change Peachtree in the ID field.
- Set a new password by clicking the Change button.
- After you set the password, close Sage 50.
Step 2: Download and run the Conversion Tool.
The tool must run with Windows administrator rights for proper conversion.
- Download the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- In the folder your saved it in, right-lick the tool.
- Select Run as Administrator.
Step 3: Browse and convert the data file.
- Click Browse to select Sage 50 company file.
- In the Pervasive 32-bit ODBC engine DSN setup window, choose your company name and click O.
- Enter your Sage 50 company file password and click Next.
Note: Password used here is the one you set up during Step 1.
- Select the QuickBooks product you are converting to, browse to your company file and click Next.
Note: The default save location is C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents, unless you specify your own location.
- The Ready to Convert window will show the conversion information. Click Convert File to start the conversion process.
- After you press the Convert File button, the QuickBooks Conversion Tool will start the conversion process. Please be patient as this goes through the process of converting your data. Once finished, you should see the finished window.
- Click Open in QuickBooks.
- Check to make sure everything completed correctly.
Step 4: Verify the results.
If you find any missing transactions, be sure to check the failed transaction log file located at: C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks ConversionTool\