QuickBooks Conversion Tool FAQs
What programs convert to which version of QuickBooks Desktop?
|Your current program name and version||Will convert to QuickBooks Desktop version|
|Quicken 2017||QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier 2017 / QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0|
|Quicken 2016||QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier 2016 / QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 16.0|
|Quicken 2015||QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier 2015 / QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 15.0|
For more detailed information about converting Peachtree data to QuickBooks, please search Converting Peachtree files in the Help area inside QuickBooks Desktop (F1). Here are some applications customers who converted from Peachtree to Quickbooks found helpful:
What does the conversion tool do?
- Guides you through a short and straightforward setup process.
- Imports your data into a new QuickBooks company file.
- Does not change your existing Peachtree or Microsoft data files. ,
- Captures the current state of your business by importing key lists, balances, and transaction into QuickBooks.
- Offers a choice to import lists only, or lists plus balances, and historical transactions.
- Creates a log file of the conversion process for your records.
Will the conversion tool run on my computer?
- Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista
- Minimum Processor - 500 MHz Intel Pentium II (or the equivalent)
- Recommended Processor - 1 GHz Intel Pentium III
- Memory (RAM) Minimum - 512 MB (The minimum will be slow and might not handle larger Peachtree files)
- Memory (RAM) - Recommended 1 GB+
- Hard Drive - 2 GB Free space (Recommended)
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0
What do I need to do before I can use the tool?
- A compatible version of Peachtree or Microsoft software and its associated data files installed on a local hard drive. Older versions of Peachtree or Microsoft software and data must be upgraded to a compatible version before converting to QuickBooks.
- A compatible version of QuickBooks installed on your computer.
- The installed version of QuickBooks registered and licensed.
- The QuickBooks company database file stored on the local hard drive.
What data can be converted to QuickBooks Desktop and what cannot?
- Payroll information that can be converted:
- Employee List information includes contact information and Social Security number
- Payroll General Ledger account balance information
- Payroll information that cannot be converted:
- Paychecks (which are convert as General Journal entries)
- Employee Year-To-Date (YTD) information
- Payroll Items
- Individual employee wage or deduction information
- Other information that cannot be converted:
- Fixed Asset Items
- Work tickets
- Closed or partially closed Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, and Estimates
Convert your Data using the QuickBooks Conversion Tool
Please note these system requirements for the QuickBooks Conversion Tool:
- QuickBooks must be installed and registered (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions 2014 or higher)
- Peachtree (any version 2001 or later) or Microsoft SBA 2006 or Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 must be installed
- Windows Vista
- 512 MB of RAM or greater
- NET 2.0 framework must be installed
Is your data already in QuickBooks format?
If your data is already in QuickBooks format, you do not need a special conversion tool. Refer to Converting or upgrading between different versions of QuickBooks.
Convert from Quicken
- Use the Conversion tool if you are converting Quicken 2012 to QuickBooks Desktop 2017 or QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0.
- Use the Conversion tool within QuickBooks if you are converting from a parallel version. i.e Quicken 2018 to QuickBooks Desktop 2018.
Convert Sage 50/Peachtree 2013-2015
Reminder: Only Sage 50 products can be converted using the QB conversion tool. Step 1: Sage 50/Peachtree company file access
- Launch the Peachtree Sage application and open your company file you wish to convert.
- Go to Main Menu > Maintain > Users > Setup Security and click the Data Access/Crystal Reports tab.
- Click “With the following login information:”.
Note: You cannot change Peachtree in the ID field.
- Set a new password by clicking the Change button.
- After you set the password, close Sage/PeachTree.
Step 2: Peachtree Source Company File Selection
- Download and install the QuickBooks Conversion Tool. Make sure to Run as Admin.
- Click Browse to select Sage/Peachtree company file.
- In the “Pervasive 32-bit ODBC engine DSN setup” window, choose your company name and click O.
- Enter your Sage/Peachtree company file password and click Next.
Note: Password used here is the one set up during Step 1 above.
- Select the QuickBooks product you are converting to, browse to your company file and click Next.
Note: The default save location is C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents, unless you specify your own location.
- The Ready to Convert window will show the conversion information. Click Convert File to start the conversion process.
- After you press the Convert File button, the QuickBooks Conversion Tool will start the conversion process. Please be patient as this goes through the process of converting your data. Once finished, you should see the finished window. Click Open in QuickBooks.
- Check to make sure everything completed correctly.
Step 3: Verify the results