Whenever you change the settings for a report (modify it), you can memorize the report with the new settings and save it in the Memorized Report List. Then, when you want to create a similar report, you go to the Memorized Report List to find it.
Note: QuickBooks Desktop memorizes the report settings, not the data in the report. When you display a memorized report, it applies the settings you memorized, but displays the latest data. For example, if the report date is set for the period Last Month and you memorize the report in September but recall it in December, the recalled report will have data for November, not August.
You will have a memorized report.
You have an active payroll subscription.
Open the report.
- Go to the Reports menu, choose a category (for example, Employees & Payroll), and then choose the report or graph you want; or
- Choose Reports > Report Center, browse through the reports, select the report you want, and then click (->) to display it; or
- From the Customer Center, Vendor Center, or Employee Center, click a report listed on the far right side of the Information area; or
- From a list accessed via the Lists menu, click Reports at the bottom of the list and choose the report you want.
- After you have customized a report, click Memorize at the top of the report.
- If you have changed an existing memorized report, indicate whether you want QuickBooks Desktop to replace the earlier report (under the same name) or create a new memorized report (under a new name).
- In the Memorize Report window, enter a title for the report.
- If you want to assign the report to a memorized report group, choose Save in Memorized Report Group and choose the group from the drop-down list.
- You must already have the group set up on your Memorized Report List. You cannot create a new group here.
- Click OK.