Information on the latest payroll update and current year payroll news.
You have an active QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription and a supported version of QuickBooks Desktop.
What is a Payroll Update?
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about QuickBooks Desktop payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 21804, released January 18, 2018.
What's Included in Payroll Update 21804?
Tax Table Update
- This tax table includes new Federal withholding tables, and new Nonresident Alien withholding tables.
- This tax table includes new withholding tables for: Mississippi.
- This tax table includes other changes for: Colorado, Maryland, and South Dakota.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were updated for the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Oregon, and Rhode Island.
e-File and Pay Update
- For Enhanced Payroll for Accountants payroll subscribers E-File & Pay, this update includes updated e-filing options for the following: Form 940/Schedule A for Reporting Agents, and Form 944 for Reporting Agents.
- For payroll subscribers E-File & Pay, this update includes updated e-filing options for the following: Form 940/Schedule A, Form 944, Form W-2/W-3, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Montana, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- Federal Payroll: Year-End Preparation and Planning for a New Tax Year
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangements (QSEHRA)
- 2017 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act Employer Mandates
- Claiming and Reporting COBRA Credits after 2013
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost on Form W-2
Changes in QuickBooks Desktop Tax Tracking Types
Supported State and Local Taxes
It's important to understand how QuickBooks Desktop supports various state and local taxes. Expand this section to learn more about which taxes are supported, how the taxes are applied and should changes occur during the tax year what actions, if any, are required on your part to set up or edit your employee and company payroll information in your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
State Unemployment Taxes
State Disability Taxes
Payroll Reporting Codes
Note: The information contained here is meant to provide general information about the payroll process and is not intended to provide tax or legal advice. Always consult your tax professional when preparing tax documents.