To download a payroll tax table update in QuickBooks Desktop:
- In order to update your tax tables within QuickBooks Desktop, you must have an active payroll subscription.
- Intuit recommends that you download your tax table every time you pay your employees, or at least every 45 days. Click here to learn the latest tax table version.
- To receive payroll tax table updates automatically when they are released, turn on the automatic updates feature in QuickBooks Desktop. See Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release for detailed instructions.
- Click Employees > Get Payroll Updates.
Click to select Download entire payroll update.
- Click Update.
- When the download is complete, a message such as "A new tax table and/or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer. Click OK to read about the changes." Click OK.
Disk Delivery service: To install a payroll tax update from a CD:
- Insert the Payroll Update CD.
- Open the Get Payroll Updates window.
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier: Choose Employees > Get Payroll Updates.
- In the Install Payroll Update window, if you are prompted to locate the update.dat or update3.dat file, respond to the prompts.
- Click Browse.
- In the Install From window, choose the CD drive from the Look in drop-down arrow.
- Select either update.dat or update3.dat from the Payroll Update Disk, and click Open.
- In the Payroll Update window, click OK.
Note: If you receive the message, "File Not Found," test your CD drive:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop, click the Windows Start button, and select Computer or My Computer.
- Right-click the CD drive, and select Explore. If you cannot view the files, test the CD on a second computer. If you can view the files on the second computer, you have a hardware problem with the CD drive on the first computer. If you cannot view the files on both computers, order a new payroll update disk by visiting our support site, then select Payroll and click View Contact Info.
- In the Install Confirmation window, verify that you are installing from the correct location and that the tax table versions in the Current and New fields are correct.
- Click Install. When the update is complete, or the new tax table is installed, a confirmation message appears. Read the message and then click OK.
- If the tax table version has changed, a message appears: "A new tax table has been installed on your computer. Click OK to read about the changes."
- If the tax table version has not changed, a message appears: "You have successfully installed payroll update [PS###]."
Looking for Something else?
|Manage your payroll account||Tax News and Updates
for this Year
|Update your QuickBooks product|
View/Update your Payroll service account information
Reactivate payroll or Update Credit Card
Intuit QuickBooks Payroll News & Updates
Need to change your SUI rate this year?