If you pay employees different rates for different types of tasks, you may want to set up multiple hourly pay rates. In QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service, you can have up to 8 hourly pay rates for your company.
When you set up a rate for one employee, it will be available for other employees.
Add another hourly rate
- In the left navigation bar, click Employees.
- Under How much do you pay this employee?
click Add additional pay types if you haven't selected any other pay types, or click the pencil icon if you have.
- Select the Hourly 2 checkbox.
- Enter a dollar amount greater than 0.00.
Mouse over the image or click here to see the image in a separate window.
- Make sure that the new hourly pay item is selected. It must be selected to show up when you create a paycheck for the employee.
- Click Done.