If you haven't yet approved the payment
If you aren't ready to make the tax payment and you haven't approved it, you can delete it and create it again when you are ready to pay it.
In the left navigation bar, click Taxes > Payroll Tax. Then click Pay Taxes.If you created a tax payment that you have not yet approved, you'll see a message with a Review payment button.
- Click Delete at the bottom.
- Click Yes to confirm.
If you have approved the payment
Click the Employees tab and choose Taxes & Forms. In the Overview screen, click the link in View Tax Payments you have made. In the navigation bar, click Reports. Then click All Reports > Manage Payroll > Payroll Tax Payments . In the left navigation bar, click Reports, All Reports, Manage Payroll, and then Tax Payments.
- Click the tax payment name.
- Click Delete, then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the payment.
You cannot delete an electronic tax payment.
- If an electronic federal 941 payment failed (for example, because of insufficient funds), our system will allow you to create the payment again. If you’re not able to create it again, or if the payment was for federal 940 or 944 taxes,
- If there’s an issue with an electronic state tax payment,
contact us. Generally, we can't delete a state e-payment. However, we might be able to help you resolve the issue.