If you don't see the Print paychecks button on the payroll confirmation page, then you haven't told QuickBooks how you want to print your checks. Do you want to print them on preprinted check stock? Or do you want to hand write the checks and print only the pay stubs?
To show the Print paychecks button:
Click your company name at the top right, and then click Payroll Settings.
- Under Company and Account, click Paycheck Printing.
- Select how you want to print your paychecks:
- Select Preprinted QuickBooks®-compatible voucher check stock to print both your pay stubs and paychecks
- Select Plain paper stubs to print the pay stubs to go along with your handwritten checks.
- Select Blank check stock (takes 3-5 days to activate) to have us print your company and banking information on the stock along with the payee information.
- Enter the number of copies to print.
- Select whether to print your business contact phone number on the pay stubs.
- Click OK. The Printer Setup page displays.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to test the paper alignment on your printer.
The next time you run payroll, you'll see the Print paychecksbutton on the payroll confirmation page.
Mouse over the following image to see where the Print paychecks button appears on the payroll configuration page. Click here to see the image in a separate window.
- Setting up blank checkstock
- Align preprinted checks to your printer
- Purchase preprinted check paper
- Paycheck print options
- Print paychecks
- Payroll topics