To help protect you from fraudulent activities, caps are placed on the amount you can send using our direct deposit services.
If you've received a direct deposit limit error message, you can request an increase to your direct deposit limit, or you can modify your payroll transmission so you're under the limit.
If you attempt to send payroll more than four times while your direct deposits/vendor exceed the maximum allowed, your account will be placed on Direct Deposit Limit Hold. Please contact a payroll service representative at 888-712-9702 (US) or 855-253-1536 (Canada).
What is the turnaround time for a direct deposit limit increase request?
- Requests are reviewed within 3 to 4 business hours.
- Turn around time depends on the increase amount requested.
- Additional documentation may be required.
Do I have another option if I don't want to raise my direct deposit limit or the limit increase is denied?
- Many companies exceed the limits only once or twice a year when they pay bonuses.
- Consider paying large bonuses by check/cheque instead of using direct deposit.
- You could also break up your direct deposit into separate check/cheques dates.
What is the Request for Bank Rating and what does Intuit do with it?
- The Request for Bank Rating authorizes your financial institution to disclose information regarding your account history for the accounts you want us to take into consideration.
- Knowing the average historical balance in your account helps us determine whether your account is sufficiently funded for the direct deposit limits you are requesting.
Where do I send the Request for Bank Rating form?
- Fax it to us at 775-201-7335.
I have sufficient funds in my account. Why didn't my payroll go through?
- When you attempt to send a direct deposit that exceeds your established limit, we require additional information to approve a larger amount.