Enabling the Google Authenticator app is another way of opting in to two-step verification that adds another layer of protection to your QuickBooks Online account.
To enable the Google Authenticator:
- Enable the two-step verification.
- Select the Turn on Google Authenticator button.
- Select iPhone or Android as your phone type then choose Continue.
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your device.
- If you're using Google Authenticator for the first time, select Begin Setup (otherwise, select the '+' icon at the top of the app window in iPhone or the Menu button in Android).
- Choose either of the following:
- Scan barcode (to scan the code on the screen)
- Manual entry (to manually enter the account name (use Intuit) and the key provided on the screen which is case sensitive.
- After you've successfully scanned the barcode or entered the key, you'll receive a 6-digit confirmation code from us.
- Enter the confirmation code, then select the Verify & Save button.
To disable Google Authenticator, simply disable the two-step verificationfeature in QuickBooks.