Google Authenticator is another way to opt in to two-step verification and add another layer of protection to your QuickBooks account.
After you get the app:
- Enable two-step verification.
- Click the Turn on Google Authenticator button.
- Select iPhone or Android as your phone type and select Continue.
- Open the Google Authenticator App on your device.
- If you're using Google Authenticator for the first time, click Begin Setup (otherwise, click the '+' at the top of the App window in iPhone or the Menu 'button' to the left of Home on Android).
- Choose either:
- Scan barcode to scan the code on the screen, or
- Manual entry to manually enter the account name (use Intuit) and the key provided on the screen (case-sensitive).
- After you have successfully scanned the barcode or entered the key you'll receive a 6-digit Confirmation Code from us.
- Enter your 6-digit Confirmation Code and then click the Verify & Save button.
To disable Google Authenticator, simply disable the two-step verification feature in QuickBooks.