Undo Reconciliation Overview
QuickBooks Online Accountant provides accountants with an exclusive ability to undo reconciliations without manually editing individual transactions from within the register.
Undo a reconciliation
Note: This feature is designed for accounting professionals and is exclusive to QuickBooks Online Accountant subscribers.
To undo a reconciliation:
- Click the gear icon, located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Under Tools, select Reconcile.
- Click the Reconciliation history link at the top of the page.
Note: This will display the Reconciliation History page.
- Select the desired account from the Account drop-down and select your Report period.
- Locate the desired report, based on the Statement Ending Date.
- Click the View report drop-down arrow, within the Action column, and select Undo.
- Review the confirmation pop-up and click Yes to proceed.
- In the final confirmation window, click Undo.
- Click OK.
IMPORTANT: Undoing a reconciliation will automatically undo any reconciliations that come after it, chronologically (based on the Reconciled On date).
- Click the Undo button.