Remove manual work and save time. Connect your bank and credit card accounts to QuickBooks Online and download recent transactions. Here are two ways to connect your accounts.
Connect bank and credit card accounts through the Banking section
- Select Banking then Banking.
- Select Add Account and then search for your financial institution.
- Select your financial institution from the list.
- Enter your User Id or Login Id and password for the financial institution website and select Continue.
- Complete the extra security verification steps if your financial institution requires it, and select Securely connect.
- Select the bank emblem to the left of the account that you want to connect and select the account type drop-down menu to choose a bank or credit card account. You must choose either a Bank or Credit Card account. If you don't have the account created, you can select +Add new to create a new account.
- Select Connect, QuickBooks Online will download the past 90 days of transactions. This could take a few minutes.
- If you need less than 90 days, select Need a shorter date range?
- If you need more than 90 days; see Upload more than 90 days of bank transactions.
- After your download finishes, you'll be taken back to the Banking page to review and add your transactions to QuickBooks Online.
Connect bank accounts through your Chart of Accounts
You can now connect an existing bank account from your Chart of Accounts.
Note: At this time, connecting credit cards through the Chart of Accounts is NOT available, it must be done through Banking.
- Select the Gear icon, then from Your Company (or Settings), select Chart of Accounts.
- Find the account you need to connect and in the ACTION column, select the View register drop-down and choose Connect bank.
- Follow the prompt and complete the process for connecting your bank account.
After connecting the account, your transactions will automatically download nightly.You can also prompt a download whenever you want by going to the Banking page and selecting Update. See Automatic and Manual online banking updates to learn more.
We want your feedback: Please let us know how this article worked for you!