How to connect your bank accounts in QuickBooks online:
- Choose Banking at the left.
- If you have not connected a bank before, search the name of your financial institution.
- If you have connected a bank previously, then click the "Add Account" button at the top right of the screen and search your financial institutions name.
- Select your financial institution from the list.
- Enter your User Id or Login Id and password for the financial institution website and click Continue.
- Complete the extra security verification steps if your financial institution requires it, and click Securely connect.
- Click the bank emblem to the left of the account that you want to connect and click the account type drop-down menu to choose a bank or credit card account.You must choose either a Bank or Credit Card account. If you don't have the account created, you can click +Add new to create a new account.
- When you first connect your account, QuickBooks online downloads the last 90 days of transactions and going forward will automatically download your banking and credit card transactions nightly. For a shorter length of time, click Need a shorter date range?
- Click Connect. This could take a few minutes.
- After your download finishes, you will be taken back to the Banking page. The For Review tab will contain transactions downloaded from your financial institution that you can review, categorize, and accept to QuickBooks.
If your bank isn't listed or you otherwise can't connect, or if you need to have more than 90 days' worth of data, you may be able to download transactions from your bank's website and upload them to QuickBooks Online. For instructions on how to do that, see article Can I upload bank transactions? Can I import more than 90 days of bank transactions using Web Connect?
Having trouble connecting? See our related article: Troubleshooting when you can't find or connect to the bank and connection errors