Sign in to the QuickBooks Online company that is linked to your QuickBooks Payments account, then follow these easy steps:
- From almost anywhere in QuickBooks, click the add (+) button at the top of the screen.
- Click Receive Payment (or Sales Receipt, if you prefer).
- The transaction page appears. Enter in the details of the payment.
- Select an appropriate Payment method. An Enter credit card details button appears below the Payment method menu. (Why don't I see the Enter credit card details button?) Note: For the payment to process, please make sure the Process Credit Card is checked off.
5.To complete the transaction, click the Save or Save and new button.
Note: If the CVV Reminder is turned on, you'll be prompted to enter the card security code (recommended).
Record a Joint Payment
If there is a situation in which a customer pays for their invoice and the invoice of another customer, you can receive it in the following manner:
- Click the add (+) button at the top of the screen. Under the Customer section, select Receive Payment.
- Enter the name of the first Customer.
- Enter the Amount, Payment Method and Ref #. Make sure you note the check number in the Ref # field (if it was paid by check).
- Make an entry into the Memo field that this payment is included with the other customer's name.
- Make sure that the correct invoice is checked. You can uncheck the wrong invoice and check the correct on manually, if necessary.
- Choose to Deposit to Undeposited Funds, which will put it in the Deposits screen to batch together with the other payment.
- Click Save and Close or Save and New.
Repeat for the second customer, making sure the check number is the same and that you enter a descriptive memo. Next, group the payments so that they show as one deposit on the register:
- Click the add (+) button at the top of the screen. Under the Other section, select Bank Deposit.
- In the Payments section, put a checkmark next to the payments that you want to group together.
- Make sure the total looks accurate. The total in this case should be the amount of the joint check.
- Select Save and Close or Save and New.