If you are reading this article, it's because you were trying to export your QuickBooks Online data to Desktop and received the following message in QuickBooks Online:
Why is this happening?
- This error is typically because of an old file that was requested from the QBO server.
- When you begin the export process it generates a file (.qbxml) that you see after clicking "Download".
- This qbxml file lasts on our servers for around 30 days.
- If you attempt to download the file after the expiration date, you will receive the error message outlined in the screenshot above.
How to Fix
- You can request a new qbxml file from QuickBooks Online simply by going through the export process again.
- Make sure you click "Start Over" instead of "Continue to Download" so that a new file can be requested.