When trying to export your data from QuickBooks Pro/Premier into QuickBooks Online, you may see an error if your QuickBooks company file is stored on a network drive. You can get past this error by mapping your network drive to a Windows drive letter.
- In QuickBooks, press F2 to open the Product Information window.
- Find the File Information section and write down the Location of your company file.
- Click OK, then close QuickBooks.
- Go to the Start menu and select Computer.
- In the window that opens, click the Tools menu and select Map network drive... (If you don't see a Tools menu, press the Alt key to reveal the menu bar.)
- Select a drive letter, then click Browse and navigate to the network location where your QuickBooks company file is stored.
Note: If you are having trouble mapping the network drive using the UNC, try using the IP address of the server.
- Click OK, then click Finish. Your new drive letter will appear in the previous window as a Network Drive.
- Double click the new drive letter to open that location, then double-click your QuickBooks company file to reopen that file in QuickBooks.