To record a GST Refund The record refund link inside the GST Centre can only be applied to a previously lodged BAS . In order to record that refund/payment against a previous BAS period, users have to first find the previously lodged in the GST Centre and then select the Record Payment option in the Action column.
- Go to the GST Centre from the left hand navigation Menu.
- Click Record Payment in the Action column for the BAS period you wish to record the refund against.
- Change the radio button option to Refund.
- Select the date of the refund and the account the refund was deposited to.
- Input the amount of the payment and any memo for the transaction.
- Click the Save button.