Lodging a BAS
1. Click the GST menu from the main navigation menu.
2. In the Action column click Prepare BASNote: The values in the BAS are determined automatically from the transactions for which GST tax codes were assigned. Any amounts not determined by QBO transactions are directly editable on the BAS form on the far right column in the gray boxes. Adjustments can be made for selected lines where the blue Record links rest on the right. The adjustment account selected will be reduced by the amount recorded in the adjustment and added to the total of the BAS liability owed.
3. Once the information in the BAS report has been verified, click Mark as lodged. QuickBooks will create a journal entry to reflect the amount payable behind the scenes.
Additional Resources -
- Step by step guide to completing your BAS - Lodging BAS Using QuickBooks Online
- How to Lodge your BAS (Webinar recording) - How to lodge your BAS with QuickBooks Online