After a customer accepts your estimate, you can easily turn it into an invoice for billing.
- Select Sales > All Sales from the left menu.
- Find and open the estimate that you want to bill for.
- Select Create invoice in the upper right of the estimate. Note that button will only be available if the estimate is in Pending or Accepted status.
- If the estimate was closed or rejected, change it to Pending or Accepted.
- If the estimate was imported, it will show as Closed in QuickBooks. You need to change the status to Pending or Accepted then save it.
- Choose how much you want to invoice:
- Total of all estimate lines: All the lines are invoiced at 100% of the estimate.
- Percentage of each line: All the lines are invoiced at a percent of the estimate. You can edit the line amounts or percent.
- Custom amount for each line: All the lines on the invoice are shown at 0% but you can edit each line.
- Select Create invoice.
- If you choose Custom amount for each line, you can enter the desired amount or percentage of each line under Due column.
- Select Save.
This method bills the entire estimate. If you want to partially bill your customer, you can use progress invoicing.
We want your feedback: Please let us know how this article worked for you!6995