After a customer accepts your estimate, you can easily turn it into an invoice for billing.
First, let’s make sure your preferences are set to allow this:
- Select the Gear icon at the top then Account and Settings (or Company Settings).
- Select Advanced, then Automation.
- Ensure the option to Copy estimates to invoices is checked.
Note: This setting is automatically turned on for all US customers.
Now, let’s convert your estimate:
- Open the estimate you want to bill for.
- Select the Create invoice button.
Note: You have to save your estimate to see this option.
- Add additional information to your invoice such as messaging or attachments.
- Select Save (or Save and send).
This method bills the entire estimate. To partially bill, please see Progress invoicing for QuickBooks Online (US Only).
We want your feedback: Please let us know how this article worked for you!6995