You can change your payment method at any time. Log into QuickBooks Online from a computer or laptop. You cannot change your payment method from the mobile app. Currently, you can pay for QuickBooks Online with MasterCard, Visa, or AMEX. EFT and ACH are NOT accepted.
To change or update your credit card information:
- Select the Gear icon, then Account and Settings.
- Select Edit Billing Info (or Billing & Subscription).
- Enter the full credit card information by typing in the complete card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code. Verify the billing address In QuickBooks Online is the same billing address on the credit card statement.
- Click Save Changes.
- If you receive the error "The credit card number does not match the card type", make sure you enter the full credit card number and verify the credit card type (Visa, Master Card, Amex) is correct.
- If you want to switch between monthly and annual payments, make your selection under Billing Frequency. See Billing Frequency for QuickBooks Online subscription fees: yearly and monthly for more information.
- If you have QuickBooks Online bundled with Payroll, updating your credit card information in QuickBooks Online also updates your billing information for your QuickBooks Online Payroll subscription.
- If you can't access or change this information, please contact your company's Master Administrator and ask them to update your user access rights. See What different types of users can we have in our company? for more information.
- If you have the correct access level to make billing changes and you still can't update the credit card, see Subscription Payment Options for QuickBooks Online for payment options or call QuickBooks Customer Care.