QuickBooks HelpQuickBooksHelpIntuit

Recurring Credit Card Payment FAQs

SOLVEDby QuickBooks203Updated 1 year ago

If you're looking to run recurring credit card payments in QuickBooks Online, here are some things you need to know:

Note: You can also set up autopay for recurring invoices so you no longer have to keep track of your customer's payment information.

What time of the day are charges processed?

Recurring charges will process automatically in the early hours of the morning. A day's charges start to run just after 12:00 AM PT and may take several hours to complete.

Why can't I schedule a recurring payment to start on the same day I set it up?

Recurring charges are only processed once a day, shortly after 12 AM PT.So when you set up a recurring payment, you've already missed the processing for that day. The earliest you can start is the next day.

When are funds deposited into my account?

Recurring payments will be in your designated bank account within a few business days. The time of funding is the same as for your other merchant account transactions.

What appears on my customer's credit card statement?

Each time there’s a recurring charge, the transaction appears on your customer's credit card statement. The charge description your customer sees is the same description that appears for all your merchant account transactions.

What are the intervals available?

• Daily
  • Weekly
  • Monthly
  • Yearly

For example, you could choose to charge your customer every 4 days or the 2nd Tuesday of every other month.

How can I charge a new customer a different tax rate?

This depends on whether the tax rate has already been set up in QuickBooks Online or not. Learn more about how to set up your sales tax.

If the tax rate is already set up when you create the recurring sales receipt, select the tax rate from the Select tax rate▼ dropdown menu.

What if I need to change the tax rate on an existing recurring transaction?

1. Go to Settings ⚙, then select Recurring Transactions.
  2. Find your customer’s recurring sales receipt from the list, then select Edit.
  3. Edit the tax rate from the Select tax rate▼ dropdown menu.
  4. Select Save template.

How do I change the recurring payment notification email address?

All customer notifications for recurring payments go to the address in the Customer information section's Email field (at the top of the form). Your copy goes to the contact email address associated with your merchant account.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
QuickBooks Online AdvancedQuickBooks Online EssentialsQuickBooks Online PlusQuickBooks Online Simple StartQuickBooks Payments

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.

More like this