In QuickBooks Online Plus, it's important to record both the purchase and sell of items to maintain accurate inventory tracking.
Record the purchase of items
- Select the Plus icon (+) at the top.
- Under Vendors, choose Bill.
- From Choose a vendor drop-down, choose the vendor's name.
- Fill in the Bill date field.
- In the Item details section, enter the items purchased from the vendor, and their amounts.
- Select Save.
Record the sell of items
Record the sale of inventory items on an invoice or a sales receipt, including quantity sold. After the invoice or sales receipt is saved, you'll see the decrease in quantity reflected in the product's information.
Adjust quantity on hand manually
Sometimes you might discover that you have either more or fewer of an inventory item than QuickBooks shows. To correct your inventory, you may need to record a quantity on hand adjustment.
See more help with tracking inventory in QuickBooks Online.6236