There are three major stages when converting from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. We’ve prepared a list of articles and other resources to help you get through each stage.
Before converting your company file, you need to determine if your system meets all the requirements and if QuickBooks Online is the right fit for your business. Use the following as guide.
- Common questions about importing data
- What's not imported when you move from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online?
- Import Limitations - QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
Now that you’re sure QuickBooks Online is the right choice, it’s time to convert your data file. These articles provide step-by-step guide for converting to QuickBooks Online.
- QuickBooks Desktop trial links
- Convert QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online (US only)
- Import data from QuickBooks Desktop (Canada and UK)
- Convert QuickBooks Desktop for Mac file to QuickBooks Online
- Convert from Sage 50 using QuickBooks Conversion Tool
- Convert Quicken data to QuickBooks Desktop
- Transfer Xero, Sage or QuickBooks Desktop data to QuickBooks Online with Intuit Data Services (Canada only)
Congratulations! If you reached this stage, it means you’ve done well in converting the file. Now you just have to make sure that everything in your company file is working properly. We’ve listed some helpful resources to acquaint you with QuickBooks Online.