There are two things that can cause your payments and sales receipts to be missing from the Bank Deposit screen. Either the wrong deposit option was picked and the funds were directly deposited to the bank account already, or it got mistakenly added to the wrong deposit.
The first set of steps below go over how to find these incorrectly entered deposits. If you are looking at the deposits in your register, and already know they are wrong, just click on the transaction and follow the second set of steps to edit it.
- If this was a payment on an Invoice or a Sales Receipt, choose Invoicing or Sales at the left > Invoices.
- Make sure it is marked Deposit to Undeposited funds.
- Click Save.
If the payment was marked correctly, look for the wording "Deposit: Amount of $X.xx was deposited on XX/XX/20XX." below the deposit options. If you see this wording the money was already deposited. If this is the incorrect Deposit:
- Click the date listed for the deposit.
- This will bring up the Bank Deposit screen; click to clear the wrongly marked deposit and then Save.
- This will return you to the payment/sales receipt, or register, click Save.
- Go back to the Bank Deposit screen and add the payment to the correct deposit.