Great news! You can process and authorize all major debit and credit card transactions directly in QuickBooks Online. Payment information is automatically updated so you never have to enter data twice.
Accepting credit cards helps you to:
- Grow your business. Make it easier for customers to pay you by offering a convenient payment option.
- Get paid faster. Approved funds can be deposited into your account in as little as two to three business days.*
- Get paid automatically. Set up recurring sales receipts and collect payments automatically so customers don't have to be reminded to pay you (not available in QuickBooks Online Simple Start).
- Save money. No extra hardware, software or phone lines are needed. You could save $1,000 or more compared to buying or leasing a terminal.
- Save time. The QuickBooks Online (QBO) Payments Service is the only merchant account service fully integrated with QBO. When you process a transaction, the information is automatically entered into your QBO company file. There's no need to manually enter data.
Note: QuickBooks Online doesn't currently integrate with a shopping cart.
QuickBooks Payments is an optional fee-based service. Application approval is required. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, and services subject to change without notice.
For more information or to apply for this service:
- Select the Gear icon at the top, then Account and Settings (or Company Settings).
- Select Payments.
- Now select Learn More!
To know what to do next, see Next steps after signing up for GoPayment.
After credit card processing is activated, you can automatically process credit cards using recurring sales receipts. For steps to do this, see Creating recurring transactions using the QuickBooks Merchant Service
*Clearance time for funds may vary depending on your demand deposit Account.6474