Memorizing a report allows you to save it with its current customization settings.
- Find and display the report you want to memorize.
- Click on the customize icon to change the report's settings.
- Once the report is customized the way you like it, click the Save Customization button.
- Enter a descriptive name for the report in the Report Name field.
- If you want to add this report to a group, use the Add this report to a group dropdown to select an existing group or create a new one.
- Adding reports to a group allows you to organize them in your list of memorized reports, and to create scheduled emails that send all reports in the group to the recipients you specify. This feature is only available in QBO Essentials or Plus.
- You can also use the Share with dropdown to select whether to share this report with other users or not. Sharing the report will add it to other users' My custom reports section. However, users you invite to the company later on will not automatically receive access to the report- only existing users.
- Once the desired options are set, click OK.
Note: If you change the customization on a custom report, you need to save it again to preserve the changes.
To find, run, export to excel, edit or delete the memorized report or grouped reports
Once you memorize a report or group of reports you can find, run, export to Excel, edit or delete them from the My Custom Reports reports list.
To find the report or group of reports:
- Choose Reports > My Custom Reports.
- You'll see a list of all memorized or group of memorized reports.
To run, export to Excel, edit, or delete a report or group of reports:
- Find the desired memorized report or group of reports.
- Click to highlight the name of the desired report.
- Just above the list of reports to the right you will see Run Report, PDF, Edit, Group, Excel and Delete.
To delete a customized report
- Select Reports from the left menu.
- Choose Custom Reports.
- Select the report you wish to delete by clicking once.
- Just above the list of reports to the right, you will see Run Report, PDF, Edit Group, Excel, and Delete.
- Click Delete.
- Choose Yes on the warning that pops up Are you sure you want to delete this report?