This article covers the system requirements and supported browsers for QuickBooks Online.
Minimum System Requirements
Recommended System Requirements
(Please check with the browser's developer for its system requirements.)
- Exporting report data to Excel requires Excel 97 or later.
- U.S. Customers Only:
- Exporting data to QuickBooks or Quicken desktop edition requires a supported version of Internet Explorer plus an ActiveX component (you will be prompted by IE if you don't already have it).
- For Safari, we don't currently offer payroll export to QuickBooks or Quicken Desktop edition.
- We don't currently support the Linux operating system. If you choose to use QuickBooks Online with Linux anyway, we recommend using it using the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox.
Tip: You can find what browser you're using by visiting http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ (currently available only in English). If you're using Firefox or Chrome, you can also type about: in the URL field to find the browser specifications.
- You can also access QuickBooks Online via a browser using a Compatible browsers for tablet/mobile devices.
- Browser health checkup (currently available only in English)
- Australia customers only - What is the minimum internet speed for QuickBooks Online?