If you use QuickBooks Payments for credit card processing, it's easy to update where your funds get deposited to.
- Select the Gear icon at the top, then choose Account and Settings (or Company Settings).
- Select Payments from the left menu.
- In the Merchant details section, select Manage account.
- On the QuickBooks Payments site, select Account, then choose Account Profile.
- In the Deposit Account Information section, select Edit.
- Add the new bank account info, then select Submit.
Take note that once a transaction processed and received using QuickBooks Payments has been saved, you can no longer change the bank account associated.
However, if you've already transferred the funds to the correct account in real life, record a fund transfer in QuickBooks:
- Select the Plus icon (+) at the top, then choose Transfer.
- Enter the From and To bank accounts, and the amount you wish to transfer.
- Select Save and close.
This moves funds out of the previous account into the new one.
Just need to change the bank account in QuickBooks Online?
To change the account you use for recording processed payments, update your Payments preferences in QuickBooks instead. This doesn't change your actual Deposit Account.