- Only works on transactions that were saved
- QuickBooks Online is not able to create reports for deleted transactions
To locate the deleted transaction(s):
- Choose Gear Icon > Audit Log.
- Click the Filter dropdown at the top left. You'll see the option to select dates and type of activity to view.
- Click OK.
- Locate the deleted transaction. Tip: To look for "deleted-transaction" type in the Activity column, use the browser search (CTRL + F) to find "deleted".
- Click the view listed in the History column.
- The history for the transaction will open. Click the arrow to the left of the original transaction that says added by and you will see the information needed to recreate the transaction. If you click Show All on the right side of the screen you will see all edits that have been made to the transaction.
- Once you have the detailed information, simply re-enter it as a new transaction with its original transaction date.