When you accept credit card payments from your customers, there are times when you need to update a customer's billing information. The steps in this article shows everything you need to know about updating/changing a customer's credit card information.
To update a customer's credit card information through the customer edit screen
- Select Sales or Invoicing from the left menu.
- Select Customers at the top.
- Choose the customer that you want to edit.
- Select Edit in the upper left.
- Choose the Payment and Billing tab.
- Change the Preferred payment method to whichever type of card the customer has (Visa starts with 4, MasterCard with 5, Discover with 6, Amex with 3).
- Select the Card Details button to change or enter the customers card number. Note that after you save the entry you can only view the last 4 of the card number.
To change a credit card payment type for one of your customers
- Select the Plus icon (+) at the top, then Sales Receipt or Receive Payment.
- Choose a customer.
- Select the drop down menu for Payment Method and choose the type of card the customer wants to use (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
- Select the Enter Credit Card Details button.
- Update the credit card information.
- Select OK.