Know the certain size limits of your report when exported to Excel. When generating a report, you may see a message that says,
Report too large to display
at the bottom of your screen. These limits apply to all reports generated within the program.
Size limit when exporting a report to Excel
- Maximum of 1024 columns displayed
- Maximum 400K cells with data
- Maximum 10MB worth of data
Steps to take:
- If you are looking at a report displayed on QuickBooks Online, you can double the amount displayed by simply exporting the report to Excel.
- Since the limit is based on the raw amount of data displayed, you can potentially get more data into a report by eliminating columns you do not need to be displayed.
To remove the columns
- Open the report you would like to edit.
- Select Customize at the top of the report.
- Select Rows/Columns, then choose Change Columns.
- Put a check mark for your selected columns, uncheck to remove the others.
- Select Run report at the bottom right.
- Segment the report by generating reports with intermediate date ranges. This could work for transaction detail reports that are not grouped or grouped by some date designation (day, week, month).