We've made it easier for you to link your merchant service to a QuickBooks Online (QBO) company!
If your merchant account is currently linked to a QuickBooks Desktop company file, there are few things you'll need to do before linking it to your QuickBooks Online company:
- You must be able to log in to the QuickBooks Desktop company file as Administrator and in QBO company file as Master Administrator.
- Verify that you are able to access the email account used when the merchant account was set up.
- Check the Recurring Charges set up within QBDT. These charges need to be turned off in order to avoid double-charging the customers.
To turn off recurring charges in QBDT:
- From the Customers menu, select CC Processing Activities > Automatic Credit Billing.
- Click Suspend for each recurring charge.
- Set up the recurring charges in QBO after your merchant account is linked.
If you have recurring transactions that are ran directly in the Merchant Service Center instead of QuickBooks Desktop, contact Merchant Account Services at 1-800-558-9558 to discontinue these recurring transactions.
NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer 9, you'll need to enable the Compatibility View feature before you can link your Merchant Account Services account.
Link your merchant service to QuickBooks Online:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Choose Gear icon > Account and Settings/Company Settings.
- On the right side choose Payments > Connect.
- Once the payment account is detected, you'll see a screen like this. Click Next to proceed.
- When the account has been successfully linked, you'll receive a confirmation page like below. Click Done.
- Once the account in linked, in Account and Settings/Company Settings > Payments you will see a Manage Details button. This means your QuickBooks Payments account is now successfully linked to QuickBooks Online.
Depending on the specific type of merchant account you have, you may not be able to link it from the website. In that case, you'll need to call Payment Services support at 800-558-9558 to complete the process. You can also contact them if you want to unlink the currently linked account and link another.