Here are helpful articles for troubleshooting errors and other printing issues when using QuickBooks Online in a Windows PC. If you're using Safari, get help with troubleshooting printing issues in Safari for Mac.
If the form prints but the output from the printer is wrong
- The document is misaligned on the page: Set up printing alignment for invoice, sales receipt, and all sales forms
- Printing is unclear or fuzzy
- Checks (cheques) print in the wrong order US, CA only
- Checks (cheques) print unrecognizable characters US, CA only
- Report header prints in the middle of the page: How do I clear the temporary Internet files and cache?
Other errors and unexpected results when printing
- Printer icon is missing from preview screen
- Blank page or red X appears when printing
- Blank screen when printing in Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer Script Error when printing
- Can't print a deposit or summary
- After printing, transactions still display in To Be Printed
- Checks are missing from the print queue US only
- Updating, repairing or reinstalling Adobe Reader
- Test sequence for PDF printing issues
Troubleshoot issues when previewing forms in Chrome
This issue causes the Print Preview to download in Chrome as a *.pdf file, appear completely blank, or do nothing at all.
- Update Chrome to the latest version.
- At the top right, select the three vertical dots, then choose Settings.
- In the search bar, enter PDF.
- From the results, select Content settings.
- Find and select PDF documents.
- Make sure Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome is off.