Find or move QuickBooks download
How to fix it
I can't find my download
First, determine if the download file was saved somewhere on your computer:
- Right-click the Windows Start button and choose Search.
- Type the following filename, including the asterisk (*):
- (Windows XP only) Click the Look in drop-down arrow, select Local Hard Drives, and then click Search.
- Review the search results. The download file is named by year and edition.
- Pro 2009 is QuickBooksPro2009.exe
- Pro 2008 is QuickBooksPro2008.exe
- Enterprise 9 is QuickBooksEnterprise9.exe
If the download file is listed in the search results, make a note of the location listed in the In Folder column.
You can double-click the file directly from the search results to install QuickBooks using the download file.
If the download file is not listed in the search results, you may not have completed the original download. If you're sure you searched for the correct file in the correct location, you'll need to download the file again.
- If the other computer has Internet access:
If the other computer does not have Internet access:
- Find the download file on the computer where you originally downloaded QuickBooks. See steps 1-4 above in the I can't find my download section to locate the download file.
- Copy the download file to a CD, flash drive, or any removable device you have. The download file is approximately 320 MB.
- Go to the other computer and insert or connect the removable device.
- Copy the download file from the removable device and paste it in a convenient location on the computer.
- Install QuickBooks using the download file you just copied to the computer.
If this solution does not resolve the issue, you can read discussions and post messages and questions relating to your issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community site for free or you can contact a technical support agent for additional guidance. Fees may apply.