System requirements for QuickBooks for Mac 2011
Minimum system requirements
- Mac with Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run the server. Mac with Intel processor and QuickBooks installed to connect as a
- Mac OS X v10.6 or v10.7 (QuickBooks Mac 2011 and earlier are not supported on OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.)
- 1 GB RAM
- CD-ROM drive for installation
- 160 MB of available disk space
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Cheques are not supported.
- Microsoft Office 2011 is supported in R3 and later
- Export report data requires Microsoft Excel 2004 and later or Apple Numbers ‘09
- Email requires Apple Mail; Microsoft Entourage 2004 and later for Mac
- Back up to MobileMe requires paid MobileMe account available separately from Apple, Inc.
- iCal and Address Book are included in Mac OS X from Apple, Inc.
- Accepting credit and debit cards directly into QuickBooks 2011 for Mac requires Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac (sold separately); subject to application approval and debit card transactions are processed as Signature Debit, which does not require entering a PIN code. See http://payments.intuit.com/legal.jsp for details.
- Processing payroll, integrated with QuickBooks for Mac, requires paid subscription (sold separately), EIN and Internet access. QuickBooks 2011 for Mac works with Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac.
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac requires Internet connection and Adobe Reader to print checks and forms. Additional fees apply.
- System requirements for Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac and Aatrix
Top Pay may differ from those of QuickBooks. For details, visit the company web
sites at www.macpayroll.com and www.aatrix.com.
You must have all 3 of the following to download QuickBooks:
- A high-speed Internet connection (DSL, cable modem, or higher)
- Safari 2.0 or higher
- 2.5 GB free disk space
After installing QuickBooks, you can delete the installations program from your computer to free up disk space. The QuickBooks Pro and Premier installers give you the option to autodelete those files. Choose that option to free up disk space immediately.
Important: Customers with dial-up connections cannot download QuickBooks, due to the large file size.
If this information does not answer your question, you can read discussions and post messages and questions relating to your issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community site for free. You can contact an agent for additional guidance. Fees may apply.