Uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks PDF Converter for QuickBooks 2010 and below
QuickBooks 2010 and below only: You may need to reinstall the QuickBooks PDF Converter for the purpose of troubleshooting a problem. The PDF Converter is necessary to send and print QuickBooks forms and reports in Adobe PDF file format.
Important: If you are trying to fix a pdf error, Intuit strongly recommends using the QuickBooks PDF Diagnostic tool to fix the problem. If you haven't already tried those solutions, try them first.
How to fix it
Delete and reinstall the QuickBooks PDF Converter:
Estimated time: 20 minutes
- Log in to Windows as a user with Administrator rights.
- Open the Printers and Faxes window:
Windows 7 or Vista:
- Click the Windows Logo (Start) button and choose Run. (If Run is not available, click in the Search programs and files in Windows 7 or the Start Search field in Vista).
- Enter control printers in the field and click OK.
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Run.
- Enter control printers in the Open field and click OK.
- Windows 7 or Vista:
- Delete the QuickBooks PDF Converter:
- Windows 7: Right-click QuickBooks PDF Converter icon and choose Remove Device. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Windows Vista or XP: Right-click QuickBooks PDF Converter icon and choose Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Windows desktop and choose Properties.
- Click Find Target (or Open File Location).
- Double-click the Install Application, or Install.exe, to install the PDF Converter.
- Click OK after the installation is finished.
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Run. (If Run is not available, click in the Start Search field in Vista or Search programs and files in Windows 7).
- Enter control printers and click OK to open the Printers window.
Windows 7: Right-click the Amyuni Document Converter and choose Printer Properties
Windows Vista or XP: Right-click Amyuni Document Converter and choose Rename.
- Enter the correct name below, depending on the QuickBooks version and release installed, and press Enter:
- QuickBooks PDF Converter: QuickBooks 2007, 2008, 2009 R1-R8, 2009 R11
- QuickBooks PDF Converter 2.0: QuickBooks 2010 R1-R2, QuickBooks 2010 R6 and above
- QuickBooks PDF Converter 3.0: QuickBooks 2009 R9-R10, QuickBooks 2010 R3-R5
If this solution does not resolve the issue, you can read discussions and post messages and questions relating to your issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community site for free or you can contact a technical support agent for additional guidance. Fees may apply.