To map a network drive in Windows 10/8/7, or Vista, use the appropriate method described in this article based on your version of Windows.
Windows 10/8/7, and Vista:
- On your keyboard, press Windows logo + E.The File Explorer opens.
- In Windows 10, click This PC on the left pane.
- In Windows 8, click Computer at the top of the window.
- Click the Map network drive button at the top of the window.
- Click the Drive button and select letter you wish to use for this connection, and then click the Browse button and locate the folder containing the data file.
- Select this folder and click OK.
- Click Finish.
- Start QuickBooks and open your data file on the mapped drive.