- QuickBooks, United States
- 7 people found this useful
Set Windows access permissions to share company files
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + E to open the My Computer window. (Windows 10: You can click the File explorer icon or the Yellow folder)
- Locate and select the folder containing your QuickBooks company file.
- Right-click the folder and choose Properties.
- Click the Sharing tab, click the Share button.
- In the File Sharing window, enter the name you want to add or use the drop-down arrow to select the user and click Add.
QBDataServiceUser also needs access
Note: The specific QBDataServiceUser for your version of QuickBooks also needs Full Control access to the folder containing your QuickBooks company file. Repeat step 4 to add the QBDataServiceUser for your version of QuickBooks if it is not already listed.
- QuickBooks 2016 - QBDataServiceUser26
- QuickBooks 2015 - QBDataServiceUser25
- QuickBooks 2014 - QBDataServiceUser24
- QuickBooks 2013 - QBDataServiceUser23
- In the Permission Level column, select the Read drop-down arrow and select Full Control.
- Click Share.
- Click the Security tab
- Click the Edit button for the Group or user names section.
- Click QBDataServiceUserXX.
- In the Permissions for QBDataServiceUserXX section , select the Full Control checkbox in the Allow column and click OK.
- Click Close.
Taking Ownership of a file in Windows 8.1
- Select the file (or folder) you want to take ownership, click on Share > Advanced Security.
- Click on the Change link.
- Click on the Advanced tab on the Select User or Group window.
- Click Find Now.
- Select user and click OK.
Grant Full Control Permission in 8.1
- Select the file or folder > Click on Share > Click on Advanced Security.
- Click Add.
- Click on Select a Principal link.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Click on the Find Now button.
- Select user and click OK .
- Check the Full Control box (applies to option should be selected as This Folder, Subfolder, and Files).
- Click OK.
Note: Click Yes on Windows Security warning if it appears.
Do you still have a question?
Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.Post your question to the community