- QuickBooks, United States
- 34 people found this useful
Set up Gmail in QuickBooks
You can email QuickBooks transactions and reports through your Gmail account. You'll find these settings in QuickBooks preferences.
New! Enjoy extra room on your monitor! Email this article to your smartphone or tablet.
Use your entire monitor for QuickBooks and your device for the instructions
Tell us what you think of this new option. Use the survey buttons at the bottom of the article. Leave comments after you click Yes or No. Thanks!
If you want to use Gmail and you do not already have an account, you must sign up for a Gmail account first.
- If you have the Choose your Email Method message open, click the Setup my email now button.
- (Optional) If you don't have the message open, open preferences by choosing Preferences from the Edit menu.
- Along the left side of the Preferences window, select Send Forms.
- Click the My Preferences tab and click Add.
- In the Add Email Info window:
- Enter your Gmail address in the Email Id field.
- In the Email Provider drop-down list, select Gmail.
Note: The SMTP Server Details fields are automatically filled in and grayed out.
- Click OK. Your Gmail account appears in the E-mail Ids field and is set as the current default.
- Click OK.
- Email a transaction or report as a test.
Note: You may be required to enter your password one or more times before sending forms when you launch QuickBooks or when you launch Windows. For security reasons, QuickBooks cannot store the password to send your email.
You may also setup other email providers.
Do you still have a question?
Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.Post your question to the community