Running the reboot.bat file re-registers QuickBooks-related .DLL and .OCX files in Microsoft Windows.
Run reboot.bat to register QuickBooks Desktop files in Microsoft Windows:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the folder containing the reboot.bat file:
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click Open file location.
- Right-click on reboot.bat and choose Run as Administrator.
Note: This step is important, you need to run reboot.bat as Admin.
- A Command (DOS) window will open with rapidly scrolling file names. Do not manually close this window. When the reboot.bat file utility has completed, the window will close.
- Check to see if this resolves the issue. If not, reboot your computer.
Note: Depending on whether your Windows Folder Options are set to show or hide extensions for known file types, the file may display as reboot.bat or reboot.