When clicking on the QuickBooks Desktop or company file icon to start the program it does not start at all or only partially appears.
Why this is happening
A number of issues can prevent QuickBooks Desktop from opening. In some cases, rebooting your computer will resolve this issue.
How to fix it
Intuit recommends more than one solution for this problem. The first solution may solve your problem, or you may need to try all to resolve the issue. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
- Right-click the Windows taskbar and select Start Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Click Image Name to sort it alphabetically.
- Locate and select QBW32.EXE then click End Process. A confirmation message appears, click End Process again.
- Close Task Manager and proceed to solution 2
Note: Opening QuickBooks multiple times (double-clicking repeatedly) can prevent it from opening successfully. Be sure to allow sufficient time for QuickBooks to load before continuing.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key.
- Double-click your QuickBooks program icon.
- Hold the Ctrl key until QuickBooks starts and displays the No Company Open window.
If you are still getting the same issue, please proceed to solution 3.
By restarting your computer, this will bring the system up from the scratch and swipes away the current state of the software. Try to open your QuickBooks after restarting your computer. If the issue still persist, please proceed to solution 4.
Running the reboot.bat file re-registers QuickBooks-related .DLL and .OCX files in Microsoft Windows. If the issue still persist, please proceed to solution 5.
By running a repair, you are replacing all damaged installation files of QuickBooks. If the issue still persist, please proceed to solution 6.
By performing clean installation of your QuickBooks, you are reinstalling all the installation files in a brand new folders but still in the same default folder location.