Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop or moving your QuickBooks installation to another computer requires:
- Your license number
- Your product number
- Your installation CD or download.
Details about common questions are below.
How to fix it
To reinstall or move your QuickBooks installation
- On the computer where you want QuickBooks Desktop installed, download the installation files or insert the CD.
- Note: If the new computer doesn't have Internet access, see the move your download section of Find or move your download.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop as you normally would.
Common questions about reinstalling or moving an existing installation
- Go to Help > Register QuickBooks to start the process.
- After you enter your business phone and zip, Intuit will detect that your copy of QuickBooks was already registered and will record the registration information for the new computer.
- If you reinstall QuickBooks on a computer where it was previously registered, you will not be required to register again. QuickBooks will detect that your copy of QuickBooks was already registered and will not prompt you to register.
- Moving your QuickBooks installation does not move your company files. Your company files must be copied to the new location separately. See Moving a company file to another computer.
- Reinstalling QuickBooks over an existing installation does not affect your company files. You can open your company files with the reinstalled copy of QuickBooks as you normally would.