QuickBooks Desktop runs under Terminal Services. Only QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions (QBES) provides live phone support for terminal services users. QBES support engineers do not provide support for the following:
- Setting up, configuring, or enabling terminal services.
- Enabling clients to connect to the server.
- Setting up user permissions for server connections.
- Issues with terminal server connections (for example, connecting to the server or dropping connection).
- Latency or slow performance issues.
Note: Troubleshooting steps from SLN54633 may be used but if you continue to experience latency issues, it is recommended to seek help from an IT professional.
Although non-EnterpriseQuickBooks Desktop versions are not supported on Terminal Server, they may function in that environment. Be aware of the following:
- QuickBooks 2014 and later products can run in a Terminal Server environment on Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- Windows Terminal Services enables licensed users to run QuickBooks from a centralized server at the company's headquarters.
- QuickBooks products do not run on Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition.
You can find detailed information about Terminal Server at the Microsoft Support site.