- QuickBooks, United States
- 370 people found this useful
Missing or illegible product or license number
Installation numbers (product number, license number, or key code) required to install QuickBooks or Point of Sale cannot be located or are illegible.
How to fix it
Your installation numbers can be found in one of the following places:
- The original product packaging. The license and product numbers are on a scratch-off sticker located next to the UPC code.
- The confirmation email you received when you purchased QuickBooks or Point of Sale from the Intuit website.
- The computer where you originally installed QuickBooks or Point of Sale.
- Start the installation program by inserting the QuickBooks or Point of Sale CD into the CD-ROM drive. The installation program should begin automatically.
- Select Reinstall QuickBooks or Point of Sale.
- Write down the numbers that appear in the License and Product Number window and click Cancel.
Visit the QuickBooks License Look Up page to retrieve them. If the look up tool cannot find your license number or key code, the web page will display a link for you to contact customer service for further assistance:
- If the license look up is unsuccessful based on your phone number, you can log in to your account to find the information.
- If you are unable to log in, click the Contact Us link and select your product for the correct number to call.
- Before you call Customer Service, make sure you have the required proof of purchase to obtain a license or key code number:
- If you purchased QuickBooks or Point of Sale directly from Intuit, give the Order Number from your Intuit packing slip to the Intuit customer service representative when you call. You can look up your Intuit order number from the Order Status page.
- If you purchased QuickBooks or Point of Sale from a local retailer, fax proof of purchase information to 520-844-6451 before you call customer service. Include your company name and contact information on the cover sheet and fax the following information:
- Store sales receipt or invoice
- Box bottom where the UPC bar code appears
- CD holder where the license number should appear
- The front of the actual program CD
Note: In multi-user mode, QuickBooks Pro users must each have their own set of installation numbers. If you purchased a 5-User Value Pack (QuickBooks 2006 and earlier) or a 3-User Value Pack (QuickBooks 2007 and later), each installation must be made using the installation numbers that came with the 5-User Value Pack or 3-User Value Pack, respectively.
Do you still have a question?
Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.Post your question to the community