Start a new company file
QuickBooks automatically creates a preset chart of accounts based on the type of company that you choose when you create a company file.
To create a new company file:
- Click Create a new company button from the No Company Open window.
- Select Express Start.
- Fill out the Business Information.
- Click Help me choose for Industry to see the preset chart of account that QuickBooks will create for you.
- Click Help me choose for Business Type to see a description for every business type.
- Click Create Company.
- From the QuickBooks Setup window, you can start creating your customers, chart of accounts and services or you do it later by choosing Start Working.