Install QuickBooks on a Terminal Server
The following steps explain how to install your QuickBooks Financial Software on a Terminal Server.
Note: While QuickBooks can run in a Terminal Server environment, only QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions is supported in this environment (with limitations). Enterprise Solutions support engineers do not provide support for the following:
- Setting up, configuring, or enabling terminal services.
- Enabling clients to connect to the server.
- Setting up user permissions for server connections.
- Issues with terminal server connections (for example, connecting to the server or dropping connection).
- Latency or slow performance issues.
Note: Terminal Services is a feature of Windows Server Operating Systems. We recommend researching Terminal Services or engaging a Windows Server professional before making changes in such an environment. Resources on the Microsoft web site may be helpful, such as Install Programs on a Terminal Server (Windows Server 2008).
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- Click the Windows Start button and select Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the left pane, click Add New Programs.
- Click the CD or Floppy button, and then insert the QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions CD in the CD-ROM.
Run the installation program:
- In the Install Program from Floppy Disk or CD-ROM window, click Next.
- In the Run Installation Program window, be sure the Open field displays [CD-ROM]:Setup.exe, where [CD-ROM] represents the drive letter of the CD-ROM and click Finish.
- In the Choose Installation Type window, select Server and click Next.
- Select Database Server and QuickBooks Application and click Next.
- Enter the License and Product numbers and click Next.
- Select the installation folder and click Next.
- Select whether to have QuickBooks copy settings from a previous installation and click Next.
- In the Ready to install QuickBooks window, click Install.