This article provides the steps on how to install QuickBooks Desktop on a Terminal Server.
To install QuickBooks Desktop on a Terminal Server
Before performing these steps, close all applications and log on to the terminal server as the admin.
- Open the command prompt.
- On your keyboard, press Windows logo+R. The Run dialog box opens.
- Enter "CMD" then click OK. The Command Prompt window opens.
- Change the User Mode by typing this command:
"Change user/install" then press Enter.
- Safely install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions. Once installed, change to execution mode by typing this command:
In the Command Prompt, enter "change user/execute" then press Enter.
To grant permission to log on to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
You need to log in as the system admin to perform these steps.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions icon on your desktop and click Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Click the Allow Non-Administrators to Run This Program option.
- Click Apply, then Save.