- QuickBooks, United States
- 1 person found this useful
Install QuickBooks on a Terminal Server
The following steps explain how to install your QuickBooks Financial Software on a Terminal Server.
Note: While QuickBooks can run in a Terminal Server environment, only QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions is supported in this environment (with limitations). Enterprise Solutions support engineers do not provide support for the following:
- Setting up, configuring, or enabling terminal services.
- Enabling clients to connect to the server.
- User permission issues for server connections.
- Issues with terminal server connections (for example, connecting to the server or dropping connection).
- Latency or slow performance issues.
Note: Terminal Service is a feature of Windows Server Operating Systems. We recommend researching Terminal Services or engaging a Windows Server professional before making changes in such an environment.
To install QuickBooks on a terminal server.
Note: Log on to the terminal server as an administrator in order to perform this task and close all applications.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- On your keyboard, press Windows logo+R. The Run dialog box opens.
- Enter CMD then click OK. The Command Prompt window opens.
- Change the user mode by using this command:
- change user /install then press Enter.
- You could go ahead and safely install the QuickBooks application, but once the application is installed, change back to execution mode by using this command:
- In the Command Prompt, enter change user /execute then press Enter.
To grant permission to log on to QuickBooks Enterprise
Note: You may need to log in as the system administrator to use the following steps to grant the needed permissions.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions shortcut on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Select the Allow Non-Administrators to Run This Program option.
- Click Apply, and then click Save.
Do you still have a question?
Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.Post your question to the community